Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Matching Wallet Complete (Finally!)

It ended up being quite a bit harder to complete this than I expected and in contrast to the last wallet that I made there was A LOT of unpicking and re-sewing.

I still think that the fabric was slightly too thick , so some of the hems are thicker and less tidy than I would have liked, but I am pleased with how the finished article finally turned out. I am especially proud of the fact that I managed to alter the pattern and add a notes pocket to the wallet.

Have a look and see what you think...


Don't you think it will look really cool in combination with this bag?
For more creative spaces go to Our Creative Spaces

8 comments :

  1. What a beautiful bag and wallet combination! Love the fabric! - you did a great job!

    Oh and I LOVE your blog header!!

    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello - nice you see you again today :)
    The wallet looks awesome, and I think you very clever for working out how to put in a notes pocket - ask me the next time we catch up about reducing bulk on heavy seems, I have a couple of tricks you might not know of. I love the ticking stripe bag also - very chic!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very smart! I love the floral lining inside the stripey fabric for contrast too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look terrific, what a great combination. I'd love a matching wallet for a favourite handbag. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely a cool combination - the wallet looks like it would have been very tricky to make, you did a great job with it! Really like the fabric choice too :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the stripey combo here, very cool! Such neat sewing too. Thanks for your sweet comments about my brooches and for visiting my blog...have a lovely weekend, xKate

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also like the combination of floral with stripes - it looks great! And so nice to have a wallet to match the bag! Thanks for visiting my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the wallet i would be proud to use one or give it as a gift. sweet and chic work.

    ReplyDelete

I'm being brave am going to try opening up my comments to anonymous commenters, but if I am overrun by spam again, I'll have to reconsider...

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...